We are delighted to announce the Botanica Bursary Fund!
The botanica2020 bursary scheme was created with the awareness that some persons who would benefit greatly from attending the conference might be unable to come due to their financial circumstances. With this in mind, at botanica2014, botanica2016, and botanica2018, we raised funds for a number of bursary positions at the next event.
These funds have been added to over the years via generous sponsorships from the Kicozo Institute, the International Journal of Clinical Aromatherapy as well as via private sponsorship. This has enabled a total of almost 50 people to date to attend the conference free of charge.
The botanica bursary waives the three-day conference attendance fee for botanica2020.
Full details can be seen here
We welcome your application if…
- You are definitely committed to attending botanica2020 by paying your transport and accommodation if you are successful in being selected by our independent assessor.
- Your financial situation is such that the conference fee waiver makes the difference between you attending or not attending the event.
How to apply
We invite you to write a letter of motivation (up to 600 words is sufficient) that includes the following details:
- Your full name and address including the country in which you are resident.
- Your email address and telephone number.
- Your commitment to aromatherapy and herbal therapeutics.
- Your current financial situation that is compromising your ability to attend.
- What added dimension you believe attending botanica2020 will bring to you and your work.
Please do not apply if…
- You are able to afford to come to botanica2020 using your own resources.
- You are able to solicit funding from another source/ sponsor.
- You are only interested in attending one or two days of the event – the bursary is for persons intending to participate in the full three-day conference programme.
How to submit
This is important! Please read carefully! If you don’t follow these simple steps below, you will miss being included in the assessment. Please send us your letter of motivation as
- a Word Document attachment
- not exceeding 600 words
- by email to : firstname.lastname@example.org
- with “botanica2020 bursary application” in the email header
- before November 30th 2019.
Please do not send images or photos or any other attachments other than your Word document.
What happens next?
Following independent assessment, the botanica2020 bursary places will be awarded on January 1st 2020.
Successful applicants will be notified by email.